- Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer role?
- Do you want to help grow a greener, healthier future?
- Can you help mobilise and inspire your local community?
Organic Week is a national celebration of organic regenerative practices that promotes a healthier planet and community.
We are looking for people who are passionate about climate-positive agriculture and sustainability and love engaging with your local community and organising events – we want to hear from you.
Volunteer Job Description: Regional Coordinator
Organic Week 1-7 May 2024
As a Regional Coordinator for Organic Week 2024, you will play a pivotal role in promoting and celebrating organic practices within your local area. Your primary responsibilities will include recruiting and managing local volunteers, organising community events, and fostering partnerships with local organisations and businesses.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management:
- Build your team. Identify and recruit enthusiastic volunteers within your region to support Organic Week initiatives.
- Event Planning and Implementation
- With your team, plan and execute a variety of engaging community events and activities during Organic Week 2024.
- Collaborate with local organisations, schools, and community groups to maximise event participation.
- Liaise with your local council regarding funding for your events
- Marketing and Communication
- Develop a plan to raise awareness of Organic Week activities within your region.
- Optimise social media, local media outlets, and community networks to promote events and encourage participation (both online and in-person)
- Community Engagement:
- Foster positive relationships with local businesses and encourage their involvement by soliciting prizes and sponsorships to support you Organic Week activities.
- Act as a liaison between your team and the Organic Week organisers
- Passion for organic regenerative agriculture and sustainable practices.
- Strong communication, organisational and leadership skills.
- Be well connected locally within your region
- Knowledge of local funding opportunities
- Comfortable utilising social media
- Availability to dedicate time to coordinate and oversee Organic Week events within your region.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in promoting organic regenerative practices and environmental sustainability within your community.
- Develop leadership, event planning, and communication skills.
- Build a network of like-minded individuals passionate about organic regenerative agriculture.
- Gain experience in community development
This is a volunteer role with a flexible time commitment, varying depending on the scale of Organic Week events in your region. Expect to dedicate several hours per week leading up to and during Organic Week (April 1 – May 7).
If you are enthusiastic about organic regenerative farming as a solution to the climate crisis, community engagement, and making a positive environmental impact, we invite you to join us as a Regional Coordinator for Organic Week. Together, we can inspire Aotearoa New Zealand to embrace organic practices and celebrate the benefits of sustainable living.
How to register your interest